[THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.]
- Sick of trying everything and still not losing weight? I can help!
- Follow/contact me
- A big THANK YOU to my bro-in-law Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)
THRIVE MARKET (MY FAVE!):
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)”
- Click through this link to save money on your first order
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EP:
- Visit Maria Speck’s website
- Follow Maria on Instagram
- Read Maria’s books: Simply Ancient Grains and Ancient Grains for Modern Meals
AN INTRODUCTION TO MARIA SPECK:
Her work has received multiple awards, including a Julia Child and an M.F.K. Fisher cookbook award.
Raised in Germany and Greece, Maria has a lifelong passion for whole grains.
She has contributed to the new edition of Joy of Cooking and Modernist Bread as well as to numerous publications in both the US and Germany, including The Washington Post, Gourmet, Eating Well, Saveur, and Gastronomica.
In the episode, Maria shares how to whip up tasty, flavorful whole grains in just minutes; why whole grains get a bad rap; strategies for seamlessly incorporating them into your meals…and more!
QUESTIONS I ASK MARIA IN THE EPISODE:
- What’s your story (specifically, how did you become interested in whole grains)?
- First up, the million dollar question: what is a whole grain?
- What’s the difference between whole grains, refined grains, enriched grains, multigrain, and sprouted grains?
- What does “healthy whole grains” or “heart healthy whole grains” mean? I see those terms on a lot of packages!
- What nutrients are present in whole grains?
- Why is eating whole grains important?
- When looking to buy products made with whole grains, what should we look for on labels? Which terms on labels are meant to confuse us?
- Can you describe the process of fresh milling to produce fresh whole grain flour? Is it possible to buy flour that’s been freshly milled?
- Do all whole grains contain gluten?
- What’s the biggest misconception people have about whole grains?
- How do whole grains vary in taste?
- Which whole grains are less common and underrated, in your opinion?
- What’s the easiest way to prepare whole grains? Any tips for making them super flavorful?
- What are some creative ways to eat whole grains?
⇒ To optimize every aspect of your health, visit My Favorite Things! There, you’ll find links to healthy packaged foods, toxin-free products, and overall wellness boosters.
⇒ Did you LOVE this episode? Click the icons below this image to share it with the world!