THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Ever wonder how to cook green beans like a true professional? Restaurant green beans are expertly prepared (and deeeeelicious!), but now yo’ beans can rival those made by 5-star chefs!
After whipping up this recipe multiple times for different occasions and receiving countless compliments, I can assure you that this easy recipe will impress even the pickiest of eaters. (Hint: It’s all about the bacon!)
Chef-Quality Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 shallot bulb, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 pound bacon (or bacon ends)*
- 1 teaspoon za'atar seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse green beans; chop off ends. (If they're super long, cut in half.)
- Mince shallots and garlic. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in skillet on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly underdone. (You don't want to overcook the bacon in this step because you'll cook it a bit more later on...)
- Transfer bacon pieces to plate covered with paper towel. (The paper towel will absorb some of the grease.) Save for later.
- Discard 2/3 of bacon fat but reserve 1/3 of fat in skillet.
- Add shallots and garlic to skillet (still on medium heat). Sauté in bacon fat, stirring occasionally, until slightly browned.
- Add green beans.
- Season with za'atar, salt, and pepper. Cook until slightly tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.**
- Chop up bacon. Add bacon back to skillet. Sauté an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Pour all on serving platter; drizzle (liberally!) with extra virgin olive oil.
Now that you’ve learned how to cook green beans like a pro, I’d love to see your creation! When you make them, post a pic of your finished product and tag me (@thehealthinvestment) on Instagram 🙂
⇒ To optimize every aspect of your health, visit My Favorite Things! There, you’ll find links to healthy packaged foods, toxin-free products, and overall wellness boosters.
⇒ If you like this recipe, you’ll LOVE these:
- “Overnight Oat + Chia Pudding”
- “I (Finally!) Made Perfect, Easy-Peel Hard Boiled Eggs”
- “Make This Cheap Green Smoothie With Any Blender”