THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Every Sunday night, I make 10 of these easy-peel hard boiled eggs so that I can throw a couple into my bento lunch box (this is the one I have; I’m obsessed with it!) each weekday.
Why do I pack eggs each day? For starters, they’re convenient, and I’m alllllll about convenience.
Also, eating an egg is like taking the most perfect, natural multivitamin. (To learn why, visit my post “The Health Benefits Of Eggs: 7 Reasons Eggs Rock!”)
I want to give my body the vitamins and nutrients it needs each day; grab-n-go hard boiled eggs are one of the best ways to do this!
♥ what you’re reading?? Click here to sign up for a FREE weekly health tip!
Perfect, Easy-Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fill saucepan with water; make sure water will cover eggs by an inch or so. (Don’t add eggs yet!)
- Add salt to water. (Adding salt will make eggs easier to peel later on.)
- Bring water to a rolling boil.
- Drop eggs into water…gently!
- Let eggs sit in the pot, uncovered, for about a minute, or until water returns to a rolling boil. (If you’re boiling 5+ eggs, you’ll probably need to wait longer than a minute.)
- Once water returns to boil, turn off stove, move pot to a cool burner, and cover it. Let covered pot sit for 14ish minutes.
- Pour out hot water and add cold water to pot. Let eggs sit in cold water for a bit to cool down.
After following this recipe, your eggs should be perfectly cooked, meaning the whites are firm and the yolks are bright yellow. (If the yolks are light yellow or gray, let your next batch sit for less time in step 5 or 6.)
They should also be super easy to peel because of step 2!
To season my eggs, I often use:
Did you try this recipe? Let me know how your easy-peel hard boiled eggs turned out in the comments below!
⇒ To optimize every aspect of your health, visit My Favorite Things! There, you’ll find links to healthy packaged foods, toxin-free products, and overall wellness boosters.
⇒ Like this simple recipe? Then you’ll LOVE these:
- (Gluten-Free) Caprese Pasta w/ Brie
- The Easiest, Most Flavorful Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork
- Simple, Creamy Cashew/Almond Milk
⇒ Share this recipe on Pinterest!