EPISODE 97 | Paul Salter is a Registered Dietitian, Coach, and Author who’s passionate about helping high-achieving men and women bring awareness to what’s really holding them back from achieving their sustainable weight-loss goals and feeling, looking, and being the best version of themselves—like their negative self-talk, toxic thought patterns, limiting beliefs, counterproductive habits, and self-sabotaging behaviors. Since 2013, he’s worked 1:1 with 1,453 men and women who have collectively lost more than 10,000 pounds and kept them off. In the episode, Paul shares exactly WHY people get caught up in the yo-yo-dieting cycle; common nutrition and exercise mistakes clients make before working with him; his go-to breakfasts, lunches, and dinners…and more! Enjoy!!
EPISODE WEBPAGE: thehealthinvestment.com/97
P.S. – If you’re liking The Health Investment Podcast, be sure to hit “subscribe/follow” so that you never miss an episode 🙂
QUESTIONS I ASK PAUL IN THE EPISODE:
- What’s your story? (Specifically, what led you to become a registered dietician and help people specifically with weight loss?)
- In your Instagram bio, you say, “I help yo-yo dieters transform their mindset & behaviors to maintain weight loss for good.” Let’s dissect that a bit…
- Why do people get caught in the yo-yo dieting cycle?
- What are some of the most common misconceptions about weight maintenance?
- Why is it important to work on your mindset in addition to behavior change?
- Which nutrition mistakes do you find most people are making before working with you?
- What mistakes are people making in terms of exercise?
- Other common mistakes, like in terms of sleep or stress management?
- Have you changed your mind about anything (re: nutrition/weight loss) over the years?
- What are some of your go-to breakfasts? Lunches? Snacks? Dinners?
LINKS [SOME MAY BE AFFILIATE LINKS; PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO]:
- Follow Paul Salter on Instagram
- Mindset: The New Psychology Of Success by Carol Dweck
- Get f.lux for your computer
- Listen to the previous episode I mentioned where Dr. Jud shares expert tips on mindset and habit change
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)” – save money on your first Thrive Market order by clicking here
- Click here to lose 5-50 pounds for the LAST time through sustainable habit change + mindset shifts so you can start living your BEST life as the trimmest, healthiest, most confident, most energized version of yourself!
- Follow The Health Investment Podcast on Instagram
- Follow host Brooke Simonson on Instagram
- Email Brooke: email@example.com
- Shout out to Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)