EPISODE 95 | Katie Clack is a personal chef and restaurateur specializing in healthy meal prepping. With her unique meal plans, she teaches people how to batch cook individual ingredients that can be mixed and matched throughout the week to create a variety of delicious and healthy meals. She focuses on teaching people helpful and time-saving habits to take the stress out of their weekly cooking so they can spend LESS time in the kitchen and MORE time doing what they love! In the episode, Katie shares a few ingredients you can batch cook ONCE and use all week, tips for maintaining variety without things getting too complicated, how to fit meal prepping into your chaotic life with kids…and more! Enjoy!!
EPISODE WEBPAGE: thehealthinvestment.com/95
P.S. – If you’re liking The Health Investment Podcast, be sure to hit “subscribe/follow” so that you never miss an episode 🙂
QUESTIONS I ASK KATIE IN THE EPISODE:
- What’s your story? (Specifically, how did you get started with batch cooking, and what led you to want to make the process simpler for people?)
- First of all, what’s the difference (if any) between batch cooking and meal prepping?
- Why batch cook/meal prep?
- What do you think is the most difficult thing about meal prep, and how do you overcome it?
- How do you balance meal prep with family demands?
- What if someone doesn’t want to spend an entire day (Sunday is usually popular) prepping ingredients? Any time-saving tips?
- How do you keep variety without things getting too complicated?
- What do you say to the person who says healthy food costs too much? Are there apps or coupon programs that help you save?
- What are some of your go-to, prep-ahead breakfasts? Lunches? Snacks? Dinners?
- What are some pantry staples you always keep on hand? Freezer staples?
- What tools do you absolutely recommend for anyone starting out with meal prep?
- What advice would you give a complete beginner just starting to batch cook?
- How can someone stay motivated and make meal prep/batch cooking a habit?
LINKS [SOME MAY BE AFFILIATE LINKS; PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO]:
- Follow Katie on Instagram and visit her website
- Listen to my previous interview with Megan Barrett for tips on how to make healthy eating more affordable
- Get a bottle of sugar- and additive-free wine for a penny!
- Click here to lose 5-50 pounds for the LAST time through sustainable habit change + mindset shifts so you can start living your BEST life as the trimmest, healthiest, most confident, most energized version of yourself!
- Follow The Health Investment Podcast on Instagram
- Follow host Brooke Simonson on Instagram
- Email Brooke: email@example.com
- Shout out to Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)