EPISODE 36 | Dr. Richa Mittal is the Founder and Medical Director of Radiant Health Weight Loss and Wellness in Frisco, Texas. In our conversation, she shares her thoughts on keto/low-carb diets, intermittent fasting, the best foods to eat, weight loss myths and misconceptions…and more! Enjoy!!
EPISODE WEBPAGE: thehealthinvestment.com/weightloss
P.S. – If you’re liking The Health Investment Podcast, be sure to hit “subscribe/follow” so that you never miss an episode 🙂
MINUTE-BY-MINUTE BREAKDOWN OF THE EPISODE:
- 2:55 – Dr. Richa Mittal’s background and journey to becoming a weight loss specialist
- 6:30 – Is it possible to be “healthy at any size”?
- 9:00 – Is there a “magic number” to determine whether or not your weight is putting you at risk for chronic illnesses and other complications?
- 11:31 – Dr. Mittal explains pre-diabetes vs. diabetes: What’s the difference?
- 15:38 – When it comes to weight gain and obesity, how much do genetics come into play?
- 17:00 – Can anyone lose weight? What about hormones and other factors?
- 19:55 – Misconceptions and myths surrounding weight loss that really irk Dr. Mittal!
- 22:47 – Dr. Mittal’s thoughts on keto, low-carb, and carnivore eating patterns
- 26:52 – What about intermittent fasting?
- 32:52 – Do calories matter…or not?
- 36:58 – Does Dr. Mittal recommend that her patients take probiotics or prebiotics?
- 40:06 – Gluten: to avoid, or not to avoid?
- 42:43 – When it comes to movement/exercise, what’s best for weight loss?
- 47:15 – And what about sleep?
- 49:25 – Dr. Mittal’s most bang-for-your-buck weight loss recommendation!
LINKS [SOME MAY BE AFFILIATE LINKS; PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO]:
- Visit Dr. Richa Mittal’s website
- Read Dr. Mittal’s blog
- Follow Dr. Mittal on Instagram, Facebook & YouTube
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)” – save money on your first Thrive Market order by clicking here
- Click here to lose 5-50 pounds for the LAST time through sustainable habit change + mindset shifts so you can start living your BEST life as the trimmest, healthiest, most confident, most energized version of yourself!
- Follow The Health Investment Podcast on Instagram
- Follow host Brooke Simonson on Instagram
- Email Brooke: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shout out to Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)