[THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.]
>>> TO SAVE MONEY ON YOUR FIRST THRIVE MARKET ORDER, CLICK THROUGH ANY LINK IN THIS POST <<<
Before I begin my official Thrive Market review, here are some things you should know…
First of all, my dream grocery store is one that’s:
- Filled with healthy, high-quality, great-tasting, and diverse products
Before joining Thrive Market, I bounced around from Trader Joe’s to Whole Foods to Costco for all of my shopping needs.
Whole Foods has delicious, high-quality animal proteins and produce, but its items often come with a hefty price tag. (I mean, its nickname isn’t “Whole Paycheck” for nothing!)
Trader Joe’s is definitely cheaper than Whole Foods, but the produce section is often picked over.
Costco has great prices and and high-quality products, but I don’t always wanna buy fifty 100% grass-fed beef patties! Sometimes I just want a few!!
BTM (“Before Thrive Market“—the dark ages!), I also dabbled in other online grocery platforms, like Amazon Fresh and Jet. Both are obviously convenient and offer thousands of options, but I was still paying more than I currently do on Thrive Market.
After having a Thrive Market membership for FOUR full years, I’m ready to tell you the good, the bad, and the ugly (but mostly good)!
Before I dive into the nitty gritty, you should know that I’m a brutally honest person. (Just ask my husband lol.) I promise you this review is 100% unbiased!
Here’s why Thrive Market has become my absolute FAVE place to shop…
My (Completely!) Unbiased Thrive Market Review
First off, the PROs…
PRO #1: THRIVE MARKET IS CONVENIENT.
You can shop on Thrive’s website OR app. The app works surprisingly well compared to other retail apps I’ve used; both the website and app are intuitive and user-friendly.
As with all online shopping platforms, your order will be delivered to your doorstep. It doesn’t get much more convenient than that!
Also, Thrive orders ship quickly. Anytime I’ve ordered from Thrive Market, I’ve received my box within 3-4 days.
Once you placed your order, you can easily access your order history to re-purchase your favorite items. This saves a lot of time cause you won’t need to scroll through allllll of the categories and site pages again.
Finally, Thrive Market uses the *perfect* amount of packaging, which means fewer trips to the recycling bin. The #1 reason I stopped shopping on Jet.com is because they use an insane amount of boxes, bubble wrap, and ice packs. One time, I received a huge box that was loaded with plastic wrap, ice…and just one tiny package of frozen strawberries! It was so wasteful and obnoxious. Thrive Market packs its boxes juuuust right, Goldilocks style 😉
PRO #2: THRIVE MARKET SELLS TONS OF HEALTHY, HIGH-QUALITY, GREAT-TASTING PRODUCTS.
For a full list of what I regularly order on Thrive Market, scroll to the bottom of this post!
Sneak peek: I only buy packaged food items that meet the following criteria:
- “Vegetable” oil-free
- Why? “Vegetable” oils aren’t actually made from vegetables…they’re made from seeds that’ve been chemically processed! To learn more about this, read my prior post “Canola Oil vs Vegetable Oil: Which Is Healthiest?”
- Low in sugar
Thrive Market contains hundreds (literally!) of products that meet the above specifications, and their inventory is growing each day. (I honestly can’t keep up!)
The other great news is this: The healthy items I buy from Thrive Market taste amazing. I’m not willing to eat something that tastes like cardboard, so I’ve been extremely impressed by the high-quality, great-tasting items they sell.
Aside from food, Thrive Market also sells organic wines, nontoxic detergents/cleaning products, clean makeup, and more! (Again, to see the brands/products I regularly purchase, keep scrolling!)
PRO #3: THRIVE MARKET IS SOOOOOO AFFORDABLE!
At first I was skeptical, so before I’d purchase any item on Thrive Market I’d compare its price on Target.com/Amazon.com and at Whole Foods/Trader Joe’s.
To my amazement, the results of my my first-hand sleuthing proved that products are almost always cheapest on Thrive Market! There was only the rare occasion that I’d find something at a cheaper price elsewhere.
PRO #4: THRIVE MARKET CAN MAKE IT EASIER TO EAT HEALTHY.
Since I barely shop for fridge/pantry staples in regular ol’ grocery stores anymore, I don’t spend as much time meandering down the candy/cookie/chip/cracker/you-name-it aisles anymore.
Less browsing = less buying = healthier eating!
As mentioned, Thrive Market’s “order history” is a fantastic feature. Once you’ve placed an order of alllllll the good stuff, you can easily reorder the same items again and again and again and…you get the idea!
Further, Thrive Market breaks their products into popular diet needs, like “paleo,” “keto,” “Whole 30 approved,” “gluten-free,” etc. These optional filters make healthy shopping much easier!
PRO #5: THRIVE MARKET GIVES YOU A FREE GIFT WITH EVERY QUALIFYING PURCHASE, WHICH IS MOST OF THEM!
That’s right! The free gifts rotate among categories, but they offer all types.
I’ve gotten free chips, books, nut butters, chapsticks, pork rinds, sauces…and more!
At checkout, just be sure to click the option for “free gift” on the site/app.
PRO #6: THRIVE MARKET GIVES BACK.
For every paid membership, Thrive Market donates a membership to a low-income family, veteran, or teacher. I love that the company prioritizes affordable healthy living for everyone.
Honestly, I’m more in love with Thrive Market than any other online shopping platform (even Amazon…blasphemy, I know).
I’ve been racking my brain for “cons,” but I can only come up with one (and it’s not even a big issue)…
The one and only con?
Not everything on Thrive Market is low in sugar and “vegetable” oil-free.
In conversations with friends, family, and acquaintances, I’ll hear statements like, “I got these healthy candies from Whole Foods!” Then, I’ll look at the nutrition facts and see that they have as much sugar as a Snickers.
When shopping at any health food online/brick-n-mortar store, it can be easy to fall into the trap of thinking everything is nutritious. Items in those stores are likely better than any run-of-the-mill grocery store, but they’re not all the best!
So don’t enter into a Thrive Market membership thinking you can buy anything on the site and be good to go. You’ll still have to read the Nutrition Facts and Ingredients List on any item before purchasing to be sure you’re buying the most amazing things. (OR, you can just scroll to the bottom of this post and steal my already-vetted shopping list, which’ll save you oodles of time!)
Fortunately, Thrive Market makes *healthy product scouting* easy peasy. Under every single product, Thrive prominently lists the Ingredients and Nutrition Facts. Everything is soooo transparent!
This “con” is the reason I’m providing you with a shopping list to get you started. I’ve done a lotta Thrive Market reconnaissance over the years, so you can trust that each of the below items is top-notch!
Thrive Market Review: The Ultimate Grocery List!
All of these items are tasty while still being “vegetable” oil-free and low in sugar!
Basically, they’re some of the healthiest brands/products out there!
Note: When you click through the links below, you may want to search to see if the brands offer new flavors/products. As I mentioned, Thrive is always adding new items, so when you’re shopping you’ll probably find even more than what’s listed below!
Just remember to check the Ingredient List and Nutrition Facts of any item not on this list before you buy it to be the most informed consumer 😉
- Cashew Butter
- Walnut Butter
- Pecan Butter
- Creamy Almond Butter
- Chocolate Butter (comparable to Nutella)
- 7 Nut & Seed Butter
NUTS + SEEDS
- Macadamia Nuts
- Sunflower Seeds
- Hemp Hearts
- Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds With Sea Salt
- Whole Chia Seeds
- Ground Chia Seeds
- Whole Flaxseeds
- Ground Flaxseeds
DARK (85% CACAO) CHOCOLATE
- Garlic & Herb Banana Chips (just FYI, these don’t taste like bananas at all)
- Buffalo Banana Chips
- Nacho Banana Chips
- Paleo Puffs (No-Cheese “Cheesiness”)
- Sweet Potato Chips
- Grain-Free Tortilla Chips
- Grain-Free, Zesty Lime Tortilla Chips
- Himalayan Pink Salt Potato Chips
- Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips
- Smoky BBQ Potato Chips
- Coconut Chips (again just FYI, these don’t taste like coconut)
- Organic Veggie Sticks
HIGH-PROTEIN PANTRY STAPLES
- Organic Pinto Beans
- Organic Black Beans
- Organic Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
- Organic Kidney Beans
- Organic Split Peas
- Organic Dried Red Lentils
- Organic Dried Green Lentils
- Organic Roasted Chicken Breast
- Canned Sardines
- Canned Tuna
- Canned Salmon
- Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (protein powders are a great way to boost the protein content of smoothies, pancakes, or baked goods!)
- Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
- Vanilla Plant Protein Powder
- Chocolate Plant Protein Powder
- think! Chunky Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- think! Brownie Crunch Protein Bars
- think! Lemon Delight Protein Bars
- think! Creamy Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- think! Cookies & Creme Protein Bars
- Ranch Snack Mix
- Savory Snack Mix (you could add some of the above chocolate chips to this snack mix for some sweetness!)
- Unsweetened Cashew Mylk Base
- Unsweetened Macadamia Mylk Base
- Unsweetened Coco-Nut Mylk Base
- Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- Unsweetened Walnut Milk
CRACKERS + PRETZELS
- Parmesan Cheese Crisps
- Asiago & Pepper Jack Cheese Crisps
- Everything Super Seed Crackers
- Sea Salt Flax Seed Crackers
- Rosemary Flax Seed Crackers
- Black Sesame & Pepper Flax Seed Crackers
- Sourdough Sea Salt Crackers
- Grain-Free Pizza Crackers
- Grain-Free Everything Crackers
- Grain-Free Sea Salt Crackers
- Cheddar Cauliflower Crackers
- Sea Salt Cauliflower Pretzel Sticks
- Grain-Free Himalayan Pink Salt Pretzel Sticks
- Grain-Free Garlic & Basil Pretzel Sticks
- Grain-Free Sea Salt Pretzel Sticks
- Grain-Free Vegan White Cheddar Pretzel Sticks
- Grain-Free Tangy Dijon Pretzel Sticks
- Whole Grain Sea Salt Pretzel Twists
- Whole Grain Touch Of Honey Pretzel Sticks
- Whole Grain Sea Salt Pretzel Sticks
- Whole Grain Deli Rye Style Pretzel Rods
- Sea Salt Pork Rinds
- Chili Lime Pork Rinds
- Salt & Pepper Pork Rinds
- Texas BBQ Pork Rinds
- Maple Bacon Pork Cracklings
- Sprouted Popcorn Kernels (to pop yourself)
- Microwave Butter Popcorn
- Organic Ghee Popcorn
- Organic Himalayan Gold Popcorn
- Organic Himalayan Sweetness Popcorn
OATS + GRANOLA
- Organic Rolled Oats
- Banana Nut Butter Grain-Free Granola
- Vanilla Cinnamon Grain-Free Granola
- Superfood Oats Cup
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Paleo Baking Flour
- Organic Sprouted White Wheat Flour
- Super-Fine Almond Flour
- Organic Super Raw Honey
- Whole Medjool Dates
- Monkfruit Sweetener
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
MEAT STICKS + JERKY
- Grass-Fed Beef Sticks
- Grass-Fed Jalapeño Beef Sticks
- Grass-Fed Sea Salt Beef Sticks
- Grass-Fed Sea Salt & Pepper Venison Sticks
- Grass-Fed Italian-Style Beef Sticks
- Organic Spicy Turkey Jerky
- Chipotle Lime Mayo
- Coconut Oil Mayo
- Garlic Aioli Mayo
- Organic Unsweetened Ketchup
- Organic Unsweetened Spicy Ketchup
- Dijon Mustard
- Yellow Mustard
- Classic BBQ Sauce
- Mango Jalapeño BBQ Sauce
- Hawaiian Style BBQ Sauce
DRESSINGS + SAUCES
- Caesar Dressing & Marinade
- Ranch Dressing & Marinade
- BBQ Ranch Dressing & Marinade
- Cilantro Lime Dressing & Marinade
- Green Goddess Dressing & Marinade
- Oil & Vinegar Vinaigrette & Marinade
- Balsamic Vinaigrette & Marinade
- Greek Vinaigrette & Marinade
- Honey Mustard Vinaigrette & Marinade
- Lemon Turmeric Vinaigrette & Marinade
- Soy-Free Teriyaki Sauce
- Steak Sauce
- Buffalo Sauce
- Marinara Sauce (low in sugar! See pasta options below…)
- Arrabbiata Marinara Sauce
- Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce
- Unsweetened Pizza Sauce
- Coconut Aminos (a tasty alternative to soy sauce)
- Unsweetened Cocktail Sauce
COOKING OILS + GHEE
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Avocado Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Organic Ghee
- Redmond Real Salt
- Whole Black Peppercorns
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Chili Pepper Flakes
- Nutritional Yeast Seasoning (I love adding this to popcorn! View my recipe here.)
- Breakfast Blend Seasoning
- Adobo Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
- Fajita Seasoning
- French Onion Seasoning (great to mix with plain Greek yogurt for a raw veggie dip!)
- Cybele’s Superfood White Rotini (great protein-packed substitute for conventional pasta. Click here for a low-sugar, organic marinara sauce.)
- Miracle Noodles
- Thrive Market’s Wonder Noodles
- Organic Black Bean Spaghetti
- Brown Rice Lasagna
- Eincorn Fusilli
- Chickpea Shells
- Chickpea Fusilli
- Chickpea Spaghetti
- Organic Sprouted Brown Rice
- Wild Rice Blend
- Organic White Basmati Rice
- Organic White Jasmine Rice
- Organic Sprouted Quinoa
- Organic Canned Pumpkin (we like to add this to smoothies)
- Organic Coconut Milk (great in coffee or smoothies)
- Mild Salsa
- Medium Salsa
- Hot Salsa
- Smoky Chipotle Salsa
- Ginger Turmeric Tea
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Red Wine Vinegar
- White Wine Vinegar
- Pitted Green Olives
- Organic Cacao Powder (great in smoothies)
I hope this list helps you as you continue your own Health Investment journey! If you decide to join Thrive Market and purchase any of the above, let me know by tagging me on Instagram (@thehealthinvestment) and sharing your thoughts!!
⇒ To optimize every aspect of your health, visit My Favorite Things! There, you’ll find links to healthy packaged foods, toxin-free products, and overall wellness boosters.
⇒ Like this post? Then you’ll LOVE these:
- “Hidden Sugar: You’re Probably Eating More Than You Think!”
- “Is Extra Virgin Olive Oil Good For You? An Expert Explains.”
- “The Dirty Dozen: Produce You Should ALWAYS Buy Organic”
⇒ Find this post helpful? Click the icons below the image to share it on Pinterest!