EPISODE 74 | Kate Hall is a home cooking consultant and food waste advocate with a passion for everything frozen. Developed in her own home after becoming frustrated with the stresses of daily cooking and food waste, The Full Freezer Method™ brings together Kate’s 14 years of batch cooking experience, with her love for keeping life simple. Covering all aspects of feeding a family (planning, shopping, prepping, cooking, and food safety), The Full Freezer™ is Kate’s answer to that relentless question, “What’s for dinner?!”—and all of the steps that you need to take to answer it. Her big goal? To save you food, time, and money. In the episode, Kate shares tips for freezing produce and pantry items, how to be sure your frozen food stays safe to eat, why food waste is something we should be concerned about…and more! Enjoy!!
EPISODE WEBPAGE: thehealthinvestment.com/thefullfreezer
P.S. – If you’re liking The Health Investment Podcast, be sure to hit “subscribe/follow” so that you never miss an episode 🙂
QUESTIONS I ASK KATE IN THE EPISODE:
- What’s your story? (Specifically, what led you to become a “food waste expert”?)
- You say you ditched “batching” for your “stash”—tell me more!
- What are some of the most common misconceptions about freezing food?
- What do you ALWAYS keep in your freezer stash?
- What are some foods you freeze all the time that people think you CAN’T freeze?
- Is there anything you should NEVER freeze because 1) it’s not safe to do so or 2) it just doesn’t thaw well?
- What do you use to freeze food? Plastic bags? Silicon bags? (Glass dishes don’t work well…right?)
LINKS [SOME MAY BE AFFILIATE LINKS; PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO]:
- Follow Kate on Instagram: @thefullfreezer and @canifreezeit
- Visit Kate’s YouTube channel
- Join The Full Freezer Family Facebook group
- Get a copy of Kate’s eBook at thefullfreezer.com
- Get a bottle of sugar- and additive-free wine for a penny!
- Click here to lose 5-50 pounds for the LAST time through sustainable habit change + mindset shifts so you can start living your BEST life as the trimmest, healthiest, most confident, most energized version of yourself!
- Follow The Health Investment Podcast on Instagram
- Follow host Brooke Simonson on Instagram
- Email Brooke: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shout out to Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)