[THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.]
- Sick of trying everything and still not losing weight? I can help!
- Follow/contact me
- A big THANK YOU to my bro-in-law Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)
THRIVE MARKET (MY FAVE!):
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)”
- Click through this link to save money on your first order
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EP:
- Follow Dr. Michael Winterdahl on LinkedIn
- View Dr. Winterdahl’s research on the effects of sugar on the brain
AN INTRODUCTION TO MICHAEL WINTERDAHL:
Michael Winterdahl, PhD, leads a multidisciplinary research group at the Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Center at Aarhus University, Denmark, which aims to understand the effects of neuropeptides on human behavior by using a combination of state-of-the-art brain scanning methods, cognitive neuroscience theory, and animal models.
I was particularly interested in Dr. Winterdahl’s research on the effects of sugar on the brain…which is why I wanted to have him on the podcast!
In the episode, he shares the experiment he set up to measure the effect sugar has on the brain, the results of his experiment, what the results mean for humans…and more! Enjoy!!
QUESTIONS I ASK DR. WINTERDAHL IN THE EPISODE:
- What’s your story (specifically, what led you to become a researcher)?
- Was there something particular that inspired you to research the effects of sugar on the brain?
- Can you describe the experiment you set up with pigs? (How similar is a pig’s brain to a human brain?)
- What were your findings from that experiment? Does the brain really react to sugar in the same way it reacts to drugs (like cocaine)? (I’ve heard this before—but maybe it’s a myth!)
- Is it just refined sugar that has a detrimental effect on the brain, or is it all sugar (natural too)? What about artificial sweeteners?
- If someone feels addicted to sugar, what can they do?
- Can you touch on the long-term damage that eating too much sugar can have on the brain?
- What are some questions you hope to answer through further research
⇒ To optimize every aspect of your health, visit My Favorite Things! There, you’ll find links to healthy packaged foods, toxin-free products, and overall wellness boosters.
⇒ Did you LOVE this episode? Click the icons below this image to share it with the world!