THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Sometimes my husband and I forget that our slow cooker exists, but then we remember how amazing it is and throw a party! Slow-cooker meals are honestly the best. I mean…who doesn’t wanna just set and forget it?!
We subscribe to Butcher Box, a monthly delivery service of 100% grass-fed/grass-finished beef, heritage-breed pork, and free-range organic chicken. Often, Butcher Box sends pork shoulder (aka pork butt, which I just learned!), so my husband/recipe creator has had a lot of opportunities to experiment with flavor mixtures and techniques.
If there’s one thing Mr. Health Investment likes, it’s flavor! So, if flavorful slow-cooker pulled pork is what you’re looking for, this recipe is for YOU!
The Easiest, Most Flavorful Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork
- 3 lbs pork shoulder/butt
- 1-2 tbsp avocado oil
- Redmond Real Salt*
- 1 tbsp Trader Joe's umami seasoning blend**
- 2 tbsp organic spicy mustard
- 4 tbsp The New Primal mustard BBQ sauce***
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp organic raw coconut vinegar
- Preheat cast iron skillet to medium-high heat.
- Pour avocado oil into skillet, coating bottom.
- Rinse room-temperature pork under cool water. Pat dry.
- Generously coat with salt and pepper; massage both into pork with your hands.
- When cast iron is completely heated (slightly smoking), sear pork on all four sides. (About 1 min. on each side.)
- Transfer pork to slow cooker.
- Cover with Trader Joe's Umami Seasoning, mustard, barbeque sauce, extra virgin olive oil, and raw coconut vinegar.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
We like to eat the pulled pork on top of roasted or steamed veggies, salads, eggs, or just by itself! It’s so delicious that I could honestly eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
When you make it yourself, be sure to post a pic on Insta and tag #thehealthinvestment!
⇒ To optimize every aspect of your health, visit My Favorite Things! There, you’ll find links to healthy packaged foods, toxin-free products, and overall wellness boosters.
⇒ If you like this recipe, you’ll LOVE these:
- “How To Cook Green Beans Like A Pro”
- “The Absolute BEST Soup For A Cold”
- “I (FINALLY!) Made Perfect, Easy-Peel Hard Boiled Eggs”