THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
If you open my fridge, chances are you’ll see a large container of leftover roasted vegetables.
I make a huge batch every few days because:
- They’re great to heat up (or even eat cold!) as a side dish with any main course
- They’re great to heat up (or even eat cold!) as an entrée
- They’re great to heat up (or even eat cold!) for lunch
- They’re great to heat up (or even eat cold!) as a snack.
Are you noticing a trend? Basically, THEY’RE GRRRRREAT to have around!
Roasted vegetables are also one of the easiest things to make. (If you follow me, you know I’m a sucker for the simple!)
Bonus: In this recipe, you won’t use any crappy refined seed/vegetable oils (like canola)! To learn why I avoid these oils at all costs, read my prior post “Canola Oil vs Vegetable Oil: Which Is Healthiest?” (Hint: The answer is neither!)
Which veggies can you roast?
I’m glad you asked! There are soooo many options; all of the following work well:
- Root vegetables (onions, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, garlic, turnips, fennel, rutabaga)
- Bell peppers
- Brussels sprouts
- Green beans
As you can see, most veggies work! If you’re in the habit of loading up on produce, you’ll usually have everything on hand to make this recipe. That’s why it’s the absolute best.
So without further ado, here’s the easiest roasted vegetables recipe out there…
Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 2 pounds roasting vegetables* peeled (if necessary) and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil**
- 1 teaspoon pepper fresh ground
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning*** or any comparable seasoning of your choosing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread vegetables evenly on roasting pan.
- Evenly sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning over vegetables.
- Mix vegetables around using a spatula. Evenly sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Pull pan out of oven and toss vegetables.
- Cook for another 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- Season with olive oil and salt.
- (If you can't easily slide a fork into each piece, cook 5-10 minutes longer.)
And, when you make this recipe yourself, be sure to take a picture for social media and tag @thehealthinvestment with the hashtag #thehealthinvestment
Will you try this easy/delicious/nutritious recipe?? Share any thoughts/questions in the comments!
⇒ Wanna work with me one-on-one? I provide expert coaching through a foolproof formula: $elf-awareness + $ustainable habits + $imple swaps = lifelong WELLth! Click here to learn more.
⇒ To optimize every aspect of your health, visit My Favorite Things! There, you’ll find links to healthy packaged foods, toxin-free products, and overall wellness boosters.
⇒ Like this recipe? Then you’ll LOVE these!
- “How To Cook Green Beans Like A Pro”
- “Healthy + Easy + CRISPY Sweet Potato Fries”
- “The Easiest, Most Flavorful Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork”