THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
First, we need to get real and admit a couple of facts:
- If we prioritize our own health ahead of our planet’s well-being, we’re only kidding ourselves. Personal health means nothing if Earth will someday be overrun by our selfish human waste.
- All of the seemingly insignificant choices we make each day add up. It’s so convenient to use plastic straws, styrofoam cups, one-use water bottles, paper towels, etc., on a daily basis, but even when we’re oblivious, the oceans, landfills, and soil keep the score. As of right now, Mother Nature’s scoreboard is not looking too hot, and we’re to blame for many of her issues.
Now, on to the more uplifting portion of the post!
It’s official: I have begun a sweet, sweet love affair with Bambooee Reusable Paper Towels! Here’s why…
1. They’re extremely affordable.
As you can see, one roll of 30 SHEETS barely costs anything:
And, did I mention they’re reusable? One roll of single-use paper towels may last you a week, but one roll of Bambooee has lasted me months…and it’s still going strong!
The product description on Amazon reads:
One single roll of Bambooee washable bamboo towels can replace up to 429 rolls of paper towels. Just to put that in perspective, 429 rolls of paper towels will cost you somewhere in the realm of $500.
I don’t know about you, but I can think of thousands of ways I’d rather spend $500, and not one of them includes buying paper towels. Bambooee could charge waaaaay more for this product (shh…don’t tell them I said that!) and I’d still buy them. But, the fact of the matter is…they don’t! They’re honestly too cheap not to try out for yourself.
2. They’re super durable and absorbent.
I can clean up the grossest, stickiest mess with one towel, and it won’t tear, shred, or loose it’s oomph midway through the job.
I’ve never been able to say that about any single-use paper towel.
3. They’re not only machine washer and dryer safe, but, in my opinion, they come out of the washer/dryer working better than before.
How is that even possible?!
Here’s a picture of a brand new Bambooee:
Here’s a picture of two towels after I machine washed + dried them:
You can’t really tell by the picture, but they’re still the same size as they were when brand new. And, as I previously mentioned, they seem to be even more absorbent.
The product description on Amazon says they’re washable up to 100 times. (Are you in awe right now?! Because I am!)
4. They’re one small piece of the solution to the vast human waste problem…but small pieces count!
Other facts from the Amazon product description:
- Every day, more than 3,000 TONS of paper towel waste is produced.
- 214,000 acres of trees are cut down each day.
- One single roll of Bambooee washable bamboo towels can replace up to 429 rolls of paper towels…And that many rolls of paper towels creates a lot of trash.
- Bambooee is rayon made from an organic bamboo source. The bamboo we use is harvested using sustainable and green practices. Once the bamboo is harvested, it regrows new sprouts every year. The harvesting techniques used by our growers assure that the bamboo forests where Bambooee comes from continues to grow and yield the same amount of bamboo yearly. Regular paper towels are made from trees. Trees do not regrow once harvested.
As if all of the above weren’t fantastic, the company plants a tree for each roll purchased!
At this point, you may be thinking…why not just use cloths in lieu of paper towels? Eliminating use of paper towels completely is a noble and viable option. However, I personally have been programmed to see certain messes and think PAPER TOWEL! (I blame the adorable Charmin Bear commercials…)
This brings me to the 5th and final reason I love Bambooee…
5. When you have a paper-towel-requiring mess, you still have paper towels on hand.
For example, I have a cast iron pan that I need to dry promptly so it won’t rust. If I use a regular dish towel, I get the towel really dirty. Bambooees are perfect for this! I set aside one Bambooee for cast iron drying only. Every couple weeks or so, I machine wash + dry it.
There’s no need to change your scope of thinking; if a paper towel is what you want, a paper towel is still what you can have!
If you think I’m nerd-ing out over paper towels…you’re correct! My roll of Bambooee towels is one of the best purchases I’ve made in the last year, so I just needed to share all of this information with YOU!
If you try Bambooee towels and like them as much as I do, post a pic on Instagram and tag @thehealthinvestment! I’d love to connect with my fellow paper towel geeks on social media!
Thoughts? Questions? Share ’em below!
⇒ Ready to ditch fad diets and health myths forever? I provide expert coaching through a foolproof formula: self-awareness + sustainable habits + simple swaps = lifelong WELLth! Click here to learn more!
⇒ To optimize every aspect of your health, visit My Favorite Things! There, you’ll find links to healthy packaged foods, toxin-free products, and overall wellness boosters.
⇒ Like this post? Then you’ll LOVE these!
- “The Many Harms Of Plastic (And How To Avoid Them)”
- “3 Health Benefits Of Indoor Plants”
- “Changing Habits The Easy Way…With ONE Little Word!”
⇒ Find this helpful? Share it on Pinterest!