THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
FREE RESOURCES + CONTACT INFO:
- Book your FREE one-on-one health consultation!
- More FREE stuff:
- Follow/contact me 🙂
- A big THANK YOU to my bro-in-law Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EP:
- Listen to Cathy’s interview of little ol’ me on her podcast
- Subscribe to Cathy’s Live Your Best Life podcast
- Follow Cathy on Instagram: @cathy_liveyourbestlife
- Download “The Ultimate Healthy Grocery List: 75 Simple Swaps For Your Kitchen Staples!”
- My blog post on “The Dirty Dozen,” aka fruits and vegetables you should always try to buy organic
- Max Lugavere’s book Genius Foods
- Emily Fletcher’s book [on meditation] Stress Less, Accomplish More
THRIVE MARKET (MY FAVE!):
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)”
- Click through this link to save a percentage off your first order 😉
MINUTE-BY-MINUTE BREAKDOWN OF THE EPISODE:
3:44 | Previously, Cathy interviewed me on her podcast, Live Your Best Life
4:30 | Cathy’s history with yo-yo dieting and temporary weight loss
5:45 | When Cathy’s weight creeped into the “obese” category, she developed a number of other health issues like asthma, indigestion, and eczema
6:48 | The winter of 2017, Cathy was the same weight she’d been when she was 9 months pregnant with her daughter; starting January 1, she’d revamp her diet and finally lose 50 pounds—for good!
8:23 | Cathy now views weight loss as a happy side effect of getting healthy overall
9:40 | Max Lugavere’s book about brain health—Genius Foods—changed her perspective and journey
10:17 | Vegetable oils = bad! Cathy eliminated these from her home
10:47 | She also stopped eating grains + sugar and prioritized vegetables, healthy fats, and real (not processed!) food
11:42 | Cathy’s advice for the person who thinks giving up processed foods is too overwhelming/difficult
15:38 | Cathy’s tips for eating real, high-quality foods (like organic vegetables and 100% grass-fed beef) on a budget
19:45 | Can’t afford to buy all organic? Try this trick for washing fruits & veggies…
23:45 | Cathy’s thoughts on “office culture”—and alllllll of the treats that are constantly around…like monthly birthday cakes!
24:24 | Sugar: to restrict completely…or not?
27:40 | Meditation has changed Cathy’s life for the better in sooooo many ways, which she explains
36:39 | Cathy’s advice for anyone just starting out on their weight loss/wellness journey
⇒ To optimize every aspect of your health, visit My Favorite Things! There, you’ll find links to healthy packaged foods, toxin-free products, and overall wellness boosters.
⇒ Did you LOVE this episode? Click the icons below this image to share it with the world!