[THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.]
- Sick of trying everything and still not losing weight? I can help!
- Follow/contact me
- A big THANK YOU to my bro-in-law Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)
THRIVE MARKET (MY FAVE!):
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)”
- Click through this link to save money on your first order 😉
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EP:
ABOUT JESSIE INCHAUSPE, AKA “GLUCOSE GODDESS”:
Jessie Inchauspe has a unique combo of talents, interests, and certifications.
Trained as a scientist and researcher, she plows headfirst through mathematics and biochemistry, learning the technical facts of anything she’s passionate about.
Jessie graduated from King’s College London in 2012 with a Bachelor’s in Mathematics, during which she wrote a thesis on computer natural language processing that claimed the highest grade ever awarded in the Mathematics department.
She then joined an IARPA-funded research team at the University of Pennsylvania, where she designed statistical algorithms and was the youngest amongst a team of PhDs in Statistics to first author a scientific paper.
In 2015, she went on to complete a Master’s in Biochemistry and Molecular & Cell Biology at Georgetown University, during which she specialized in nutrition and physiology and performed wet lab research on the development of cancerous tumors in the offspring of rats fed different types of diets (her research was also published).
From there, she moved to the West Coast and spent four years working at the genetics startup 23andMe in Mountain View, California. She joined as an intern, quickly rose within the company, and ended up leading the product team in charge of cutting-edge health features. While at 23andMe, her work was featured in Wired and Business Insider. In 2018, She was featured as one of Grace Hopper Conference’s Women in Tech.
Jessie has been using her voice and knack for branding to speak about nutrition since 2015 on her blog and in 2019 started the Glucose Goddess Instagram, which rapidly grew into a movement.
In 2020 she founded Sugarmama, the umbrella company for all of her nutrition and glucose-related projects.
Jessie was born in the Basque country of France, and grew up in Paris. She is also a musician and recording artist, had a two-year stint as a model in London, and loves drinking tea and talking about the meaning of life with her friends. She lives in San Francisco.
QUESTIONS I ASK JESSIE IN THIS EPISODE:
- What’s your story? Why did you start your Glucose Goddess Instagram account in the first place?
- Why do you wear a continuous glucose monitor?
- Why do glucose spikes matter?
- Should everyone care about what spikes their glucose or just people with conditions like prediabetes, type 2 diabetes, etc?
- Do external conditions—like lack of sleep, stress, time of day, etc.—affect glucose spikes?
- What are some foods/drinks that always spike your glucose?
- What are some foods/drinks that people think are healthy but actually spike your glucose?
- Which fruits spike your glucose most?
- What are some foods/drinks that spike your glucose when eaten in isolation, but not when combined with certain veggies, apple cider vinegar, etc.
- What about exercise? Can that curb glucose spikes?
- What about alcohol? Do all types spike your glucose?
- What are some “blood sugar balancing” myths/misconceptions that really irk you?
- What nutrition patterns do you follow on a daily basis to prevent glucose spikes?
- What can glucose spikes not tell you?
⇒ To optimize every aspect of your health, visit My Favorite Things! There, you’ll find links to healthy packaged foods, toxin-free products, and overall wellness boosters.
⇒ Did you LOVE this episode? Click the icons below this image to share it with the world!