[THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.]
FREE RESOURCES + CONTACT INFO:
- Book your FREE one-on-one health consultation!
- More FREE stuff:
- Follow/contact me 🙂
- A big THANK YOU to my bro-in-law Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)
THRIVE MARKET (MY FAVE!):
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)”
- Click through this link to save money on your first order 😉
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EP:
- Links to Anna’s cookbooks on Amazon: Eat Happy and Eat Happy Too
- Find more recipes on her website/blog
- Follow Anna on Instagram
- Listen to her every Monday on Vinnie Tortorich’s Fitness Confidential Podcast
- Join the Eat Happy Facebook group!
- Learn more about Anna + join her mailing list
INTRO TO EPISODE:
Welcome back to The Health Investment Podcast!
Since you know I’m pretty recipe- and cooking-averse, you may be confused as to why I decided to interview cookbook author Anna Vocino.
Allow me to explain!
- All of her recipes are accessible, delicious, healthy go-tos, meaning you can whip ‘em up on a weeknight!
- Anna’s recipes serve more as “templates” because you can easily swap ingredients in and out and keep the flavor
- She has a knack for making cauliflower and zucchini taste better than anyone ever has. Seriously.
In the episode, Anna and I talk at length about all of the points I just mentioned, so if you’re itching to learn more…you’re in for a real treat!
Before we hear from Anna, I want to share an Apple Podcast review with you:
DJTMJ left 5 stars and wrote:
My new favorite podcast! Perfect length, insightful host, peppy/catchy intro song, and looking forward to new drops on Mondays, especially tips for the holiday anti-chubbies push!!
Thank you for your kind words! If you haven’t done so already, I’d REALLY appreciate it if you could spend 2 minutes drafting up an honest review after you listen to this ep—or even right this second so you don’t forget!
Each review is like gold in podcast world, so thank you in advance!
Okay, let’s hear from the woman who has taught me that not ALL recipes are time-intensive and obnoxious…
MINUTE-BY-MINUTE BREAKDOWN OF THE EP:
5:21 | Anna explains the problem with many recipes
8:48 | Her thoughts on recipe substitutions, “templates” vs. “recipes,” and experimentation in the kitchen
13:55 | Anna’s approach to grocery shopping
15:53 | Her initial reaction to being diagnosed with celiac disease—and the aftermath!
20:10 | Aside from the gluten-, grain-, and sugar-free monikers, what are Anna’s other recipe-creation priorities?
21:22 | The truth about sugar addiction
25:19 | Anna’s advice for anyone trying to clean up their diet choices
27:38 | Her thoughts on “diet mentality”
29:53 | Anna’s advice to people who “don’t have the time or money to cook”
38:14 | How she makes her own bone broth (spoiler alert: her method is EASY!)
43:31 | Anna’s favorite recipes from her cookbooks + the cuts of meat and veggies she almost always has on hand
47:25 | Essential spices and pantry staples to keep around
⇒ To optimize every aspect of your health, visit My Favorite Things! There, you’ll find links to healthy packaged foods, toxin-free products, and overall wellness boosters.
⇒ Did you LOVE this episode? Click the icons below this image to share it with the world!