THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Dr. Bronner’s is pure castile soap that you can use in 18 different ways.
It’s also cheap, nontoxic, long-lasting, and ubiquitous!
What is Dr. Bronner’s?
Here’s the description from drbronner.com:
Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 Pure-Castile Soaps are good for just about any cleaning task. Face, body, hair & food, dishes, laundry, mopping, pets—clean your house and body with no synthetic preservatives, detergents or foaming agents—none!
Why I love it:
- It’s cheap.
- It’s not antibacterial. We’re actually too clean these days, people! Also, antibacterial soaps contain more chemicals.
- It scores an “A” on Environmental Working Group’s Guide to Healthy Cleaning, meaning it’s completely nontoxic.
- It lasts foreverrrrrrr. One 32-oz. bottle can last several months.
- You can buy it pretty much anywhere (Amazon, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, Target, Walmart…).
- It’s available in many different scents:
How I use it:
Dr. Bronner’s provides a dilutions cheat sheet. You can use it 18 different ways!
These are the ways I use it:
- I make my own hand soap by combining half Dr. Bronner’s and half water in refillable foaming soap dispensers.
- I use it as my body wash. (If you purchase this version, you get a bonus travel-sized bottle that you can refill and use on the go! When traveling, I also use it in lieu of my regular face wash.)
- I lather it up to use it in lieu of shaving cream.
- I dilute it with water (about a 1:10 ratio of Dr. Bronner’s to water) and use it for both hand washing dishes and as my dishwasher detergent.
- I keep a spray bottle with ¼ cup soap and the rest water for quick kitchen cleanups and all-purpose cleaning.
I tried using it as shampoo, but that was a major fail. My hair did not like it.
In the dilutions cheat sheet, you’ll also learn how to use it for cleaning windows, toilets, fruits/veggies…and even dogs!
Bottom line: Dr. Bronner’s is cheap, nontoxic, long-lasting, and ubiquitous; you can use it for almost anything. Try it out for yourself!
⇒ To optimize every aspect of your health, visit My Favorite Things! There, you’ll find links to healthy packaged foods, toxin-free products, and overall wellness boosters.
⇒ If you liked this post, you’ll just love these:
- “3 Homemade Personal Care Products For DIY Skeptics”
- “Natural Deodorant: 3 Brands That ACTUALLY Work”
- “Natural Body Lotion: The 3 Best Non-Greasy, Hydrating Formulas”