[THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.]
- Sick of trying everything and still not losing weight? I can help!
- Follow/contact me
- A big THANK YOU to my bro-in-law Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)
THRIVE MARKET (MY FAVE!):
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)”
- Click through this link to save money on your first order 😉
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EP:
- Learn more about Robert Krikorian, PhD
- Read Dr. Krikorian’s research:
ABOUT ROBERT KRIKORIAN, PHD:
Robert Krikorian is Professor in the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Neuroscience and Director of the Cognitive Aging Program at the University of Cincinnati Academic Health Center.
He earned a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Philosophy from Boston University, a PhD in Clinical Psychology from the University of Cincinnati, and completed a fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychology in the departments of neurology and neurosurgery.
Dr. Krikorian is interested in the influence of health conditions on memory decline with aging and risk for Alzheimer’s disease.
He directs a clinical program that provides neurocognitive diagnostic services and lifestyle coaching and a research program investigating nutritional interventions to forestall cognitive aging and progression of neurodegeneration.
His current research involves investigations of the effects of berry fruit supplementation and nutritional ketosis on cognitive function and metabolism in middle-aged individuals with increased risk for late-life dementia.
QUESTIONS I ASK DR. KRIKORIAN IN THIS EPISODE:
- What’s your background? Specifically, what led you to become a Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience?
- You’re one of the lead researchers exploring the effects of nutritional interventions on cognitive aging. How did you initially become interested in this research?
- What have been your most illuminating discoveries so far?
- When you say “nutritional ketosis,” what does that mean to you?
- Is the ketogenic diet something you think everyone should use as a nutritional intervention, even if it’s just a couple times a year?
- What should younger people (<40) be doing to support future brain health? What about middle-aged people? What about people who have already experienced some cognitive decline?
- You’re also researching the effects berries may have on cognition. What have you learned about berries and the brain so far?
- What are some of the biggest misconceptions floating around, re: Alzheimer’s and dementia?
⇒ To optimize every aspect of your health, visit My Favorite Things! There, you’ll find links to healthy packaged foods, toxin-free products, and overall wellness boosters.
⇒ Did you LOVE this episode? Click the icons below this image to share it with the world!