EPISODE 197 – Franki Bagdade owns and operates FAAB Consulting, which offers school and camp consultation as well as training for professionals in education, camping, and mental health fields. In addition, Franki runs a solo private practice as a clinical social worker specializing in ADD, ADHD, Anxiety, Emotional Regulation, Executive Functioning, and Parenting Support. Franki’s passionate about accessible education, camp, and mental health services for everyone, regardless of disabilities. She provides training, professional development and keynotes for educators, mental health professionals, camp and recreation staff, and parents dozens of times a year throughout the United States and Canada. Her first book, “I Love my Kids But I Don’t Always Like Them!” was published in 2021 and has won several awards. In the episode, Franki discusses how to conserve parenting energy, when discipline makes sense (versus when it doesn’t), why it’s important to get curious about the root cause of undesirable behaviors…and more!
EPISODE WEBPAGE: thehealthinvestment.com/197
P.S. – If you’re liking The Health Investment Podcast, be sure to hit “subscribe/follow” so that you never miss an episode 🙂
QUESTIONS I ASK FRANKI IN THE EPISODE:
- You say that it can be hard to enjoy your child—but that this is a solvable problem. Can you elaborate?
- Why is it important to identify the root cause of your children’s behaviors? Are there a few primary causes of poor behavior?
- Are behavior charts helpful? Why or why not? What about time outs?
- Why is it important for parents to adjust expectations—and what, exactly, does that mean?
- You talk about conserving “parenting energy.” Can you elaborate?
- What are some of your favorite easy-to-adopt strategies that someone could put into place today?
LINKS [SOME MAY BE AFFILIATE LINKS; PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO]:
- Visit Franki’s website; read her blog; buy her book; and follow her on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Facebook
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)” – save money on your first Thrive Market order by clicking here
- Click here when you’re ready to lose weight permanently!
- Follow The Health Investment Podcast on Instagram
- Follow host Brooke Simonson on Instagram
- Email Brooke: email@example.com
- Shout out to Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)