EPISODE 194 – Rachel Lavin is an author, professional speaker and body love educator, certified personal trainer, and health coach. In 2020, Rachel wrote her first book The Doughnut Diaries about her own struggles with weight and restrictive diets, which lasted for over thirty years. As Rachel turned 40, the expression “I got sick and tired of being sick and tired” hit home and she made a decision to take her power back and heal from decades of negative thinking and self sabotage. Rachel began to do the work on her mind, body, and soul. Writing her book was her way of sharing her message with women and men alike that they’re not alone! In the episode, Rachel explains the steps she took to love and respect herself, her 3 pillars of fitness, advice she’d give to her younger self…and more!
EPISODE WEBPAGE: thehealthinvestment.com/194
P.S. – If you’re liking The Health Investment Podcast, be sure to hit “subscribe/follow” so that you never miss an episode 🙂
QUESTIONS I ASK RACHEL IN THE EPISODE:
- Can you start off by telling us a bit about your background? (Specifically, what led you to write The Doughnut Diaries?)
- How many years did you diet?
- Did you always come from a place of self-love? Or did that come later?
- If you have a body composition goal (like weight loss) and desire change, why is it important to come from a place of self-love rather than self-loathing?
- Do you believe that anyone can love their body? How do you change your mindset to one of self-love?
- How can parents instill body love and acceptance in their children?
- You talk about 3 pillars of fitness: nourishment for both the mind and body, movement, and rest. Can you elaborate?
- Based on what you know now, what would you tell your younger self?
LINKS [SOME MAY BE AFFILIATE LINKS; PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO]:
- Follow Rachel on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook; buy her book on Amazon
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)” – save money on your first Thrive Market order by clicking here
- Click here when you’re ready to lose weight permanently!
- Follow The Health Investment Podcast on Instagram
- Follow host Brooke Simonson on Instagram
- Email Brooke: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shout out to Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)