EPISODE 187 – While in law school, Janelle Hansen was inspired by a professor’s love for wills and trust law and, from that point on, she dedicated her time and legal experience exclusively to the area of estate planning. Janelle worked for a small estate planning and trust litigation firm, where she learned how to be a better planner due to issues that ended up being litigated in court. After a few years, she gained experience working for a larger estate planning and trust administration firm, working with high net worth clients and unique tax planning for wealthy individuals. Due to her experience in litigation and planning for families with very different backgrounds—from elderly persons with one or two accounts to families with multi-million dollar estates—Janelle offers clients a unique perspective for how to plan for whatever life may throw at them. In the episode, Janelle discusses what an estate plan comprises, misconceptions about wills and trusts, the importance of healthcare directives…and more!
EPISODE WEBPAGE: thehealthinvestment.com/187
P.S. – If you’re liking The Health Investment Podcast, be sure to hit “subscribe/follow” so that you never miss an episode 🙂
QUESTIONS I ASK JANELLE IN THE EPISODE:
- What does “estate planning” mean? What does it comprise?
- What’s the difference between a will and a trust? How do you know which is right for you?
- What’s a “living trust”? Are there other types, as well?
- What are the biggest myths floating around about wills? Trusts? Healthcare directives?
- Why is it so important to write out healthcare directives in advance?
- Is it still important to have a will/trust as a single person or married couple without kids?
- What happens to all of your property and assets if you don’t have a will/trust in place?
- What are some critical questions that everyone should ask an estate planning attorney before hiring them?
- How do amendments work? Do you have to re-hire an attorney?
- Is it possible to set up an estate plan without an attorney? If so, how?
LINKS [SOME MAY BE AFFILIATE LINKS; PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO]:
- Visit Janelle’s website and connect with her on LinkedIn
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)” – save money on your first Thrive Market order by clicking here
- Click here when you’re ready to lose weight permanently!
- Follow The Health Investment Podcast on Instagram
- Follow host Brooke Simonson on Instagram
- Email Brooke: email@example.com
- Shout out to Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)