Clutter Is Preventing You From Creating The Life You Choose, Deserve & Desire | Julie Coraccio
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | Help! I've never subscribed to a podcast before!!
EPISODE 177 – Julie Coraccio is an award-winning professional life and end of life organizer, and certified life coach. She is passionate about supporting people as they clear clutter in all areas of their lives, get organized, and become more mindful and aware. Julie hosts the popular self-help podcast, Clear Your Clutter Inside & Out and is the author of 15 books including the Got Clutter? 365 Journal Prompts series. Happily married to Tony she is also at the beck and call of rescued cats Antonio, NiNi, and Gus. Julie enjoys baking, hiking, games, environmental and animal causes. The bathtub is her woman cave. Based in Wheeling, WV, Julie works with people all over the world. In the episode, Julie shares forms of clutter (aside from physical) that may be holding us back from the life we choose, deserve, and desire; how inner clutter is related to outer clutter (and vice versa); conventional decluttering/organizing advice she disagrees with…and more!
EPISODE WEBPAGE: thehealthinvestment.com/177
P.S. – If you’re liking The Health Investment Podcast, be sure to hit “subscribe/follow” so that you never miss an episode 🙂
QUESTIONS I ASK JULIE IN THE EPISODE:
- You define clutter as “anything that prevents us from creating the life we choose, deserve, and desire.” Can you elaborate on this?
- We commonly think of clutter as things in our home, but what are other forms of clutter? (e.g., health, financial, etc.)
- You say that “inner clutter is related to outer clutter and vice versa.” What do you mean by that?
- How can physical/mental/financial/emotional/health clutter negatively impact our lives?
- Is there any conventional decluttering/organizing advice you disagree with?
- When working with clients, what are the biggest obstacles you see that keep people from being/staying organized?
- What are the main reasons that you see for people being reluctant or unable to let go of their surplus possessions?
- What is your advice for keeping a clutter free home with very little storage space?
- As it is the start of the new year many people will be wanting to have a big clear out. Where’s the best place to start?
- Having managed to declutter the home, what should people do to make sure that the clutter stays under control in the future?
- What if you hold on to belongings because you don’t like the idea of perfectly good things ending up in landfill? What if you keep things in case you need them at a later date?
- How can parents promote decluttering efforts with their kids?
- What are some practical strategies to handle the consumerism that surrounds birthdays and holidays?
LINKS [SOME MAY BE AFFILIATE LINKS; PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO]:
- Visit Julie’s website
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)” – save money on your first Thrive Market order by clicking here
- Click here when you’re ready to lose weight permanently!
- Follow The Health Investment Podcast on Instagram
- Follow host Brooke Simonson on Instagram
- Email Brooke: email@example.com
- Shout out to Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)