Food Allergies/Sensitivities, Immune System “Boosts,” Green Snot & More! | Dr. David Stukus
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | Help! I've never subscribed to a podcast before!!
EPISODE 171 – Dr. David Stukus (commonly known as “Dr. Dave”) is a Professor of Clinical Pediatrics in the Division of Allergy/Immunology at Nationwide Children’s Hospital and The Ohio State University College of Medicine. At his institution, he serves as the Director of the Food Allergy Treatment Center and Associate Director of the Pediatric Allergy/Immunology Fellowship Training Program. Dr. Dave is a member of the Board of Regents for the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, the Social Media Editor and host of the podcast series for the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, and is one of twelve invited members for the Joint Task Force for Practice Parameters for Allergy/Immunology. Dr. Dave has published two textbooks and over 80 peer reviewed manuscripts. You can find him on Twitter and Instagram @AllergyKidsDoc, where he has amassed over 47,000 followers. In the episode, Dr. Dave explains the difference between an allergy, sensitivity, and intolerance; how to diagnose a food allergy/intolerance; the science behind “boosting” your immune system…and more!
EPISODE WEBPAGE: thehealthinvestment.com/171
P.S. – If you’re liking The Health Investment Podcast, be sure to hit “subscribe/follow” so that you never miss an episode 🙂
QUESTIONS I ASK DR. DAVE IN THE EPISODE:
- What are some of the biggest misconceptions circulating, re: environmental allergies?
- What are some of the biggest misconceptions circulating, re: food allergies?
- How can we be better at spotting misinformation online?
- What’s the best way to identify which environmental allergens are triggers for you? Can the same tests diagnose food allergies? Do tests like the Everlywell mail-in ones work?
- What’s the difference between a food allergy, intolerance, and “sensitivity”? Is food elimination always the best solution? When may it not be?
- You have an Instagram post titled “The Skinny On Snot”—tell us more! Does green/yellow mucus always require an antibiotic?
- Heading into cold/flu season, should we try to “boost” our immune system? Why or why not?
LINKS [SOME MAY BE AFFILIATE LINKS; PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO]:
- Follow Dr. Dave on Instagram and Twitter
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)” – save money on your first Thrive Market order by clicking here
- Click here when you’re ready to lose 5-50 pounds permanently!
- Follow The Health Investment Podcast on Instagram
- Follow host Brooke Simonson on Instagram
- Email Brooke: email@example.com
- Shout out to Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)