Reflections From A Weight Management Physician | Dr. Matthea Rentea
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | Help! I've never subscribed to a podcast before!!
EPISODE 170 – Dr. Matthea Rentea is a board certified Internal Medicine physician specializing in metabolic health. She is the founder of The Rentea Metabolic Clinic and the co-host of the Weight Loss for Life podcast. In the episode, Dr. Rentea shares why weight loss medications can be the appropriate intervention, why you should be the scientist of your body, why it’s important to balance your blood sugar…and more!
EPISODE WEBPAGE: thehealthinvestment.com/170
P.S. – If you’re liking The Health Investment Podcast, be sure to hit “subscribe/follow” so that you never miss an episode 🙂
QUESTIONS I ASK DR. RENTEA IN THE EPISODE:
- When trying to lose weight, what do you see people doing that’s a waste of their time, money, and/or energy?
- After years as a weight management physician, have you changed your mind about anything?
- Should everyone with obesity try to lose weight, or can you be “healthy at every size”?
- When are weight loss medications the right intervention?
- In one of your TikTok videos, you said “being the scientist of your body” is IN. What do you mean by that?
- Your best tips for someone having constant hunger and intense cravings? Emotional eating tendencies? Difficulty staying consistent?
- What are your favorite books about weight loss/maintenance and healthy habit building?
- How can decluttering support weight loss?
LINKS [SOME MAY BE AFFILIATE LINKS; PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO]:
- Visit Dr. Rentea’s website, listen to her podcast, subscribe to her newsletter, and connect with her on Instagram and TikTok
- Books and articles mentioned in the episode:
- Book: How To Lose Weight For The Last Time by Katrina Ubell
- Book: The Gap And The Gain by Dan Sullivan and Benjamin Hardy
- Book: Words To Eat By by Karen Koenig
- Book: Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Article: “Willpower Doesn’t Work. Here’s How To Actually Change Your Life” by Benjamin Hardy
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)” – save money on your first Thrive Market order by clicking here
- Click here when you’re ready to lose 5-50 pounds permanently!
- Follow The Health Investment Podcast on Instagram
- Follow host Brooke Simonson on Instagram
- Email Brooke: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shout out to Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)