Goodbye, Anxiety! | Terri Bacow
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | Help! I've never subscribed to a podcast before!!
EPISODE 164 – Dr. Terri Bacow is a widely known expert in cognitive behavioral therapy, an evidence-based therapy approach. A Brown and Boston University graduate, she has authored several peer-reviewed papers based on her research, and sees clients in her private practice on the Upper West Side. She is a media contributor and has been featured in Women’s Health and Shape magazines, Scary Mommy, and various blogs and podcasts. Dr. Bacow supervises trainees in psychology and psychiatry at NYU and the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. She is the author of Goodbye, Anxiety: A Guided Journal for Overcoming Worry. In the episode, Dr. Bacow shares practical strategies for managing stress, anxiety, overwhelm, uncertainty, and more!
EPISODE WEBPAGE: thehealthinvestment.com/164
P.S. – If you’re liking The Health Investment Podcast, be sure to hit “subscribe/follow” so that you never miss an episode 🙂
QUESTIONS I ASK DR. BACOW IN THE EPISODE:
- Can you start off by telling us a bit about your background? (Specifically, what led you to become a therapist and write Goodbye, Anxiety: A Guided Journal for Overcoming Worry?)
- Are we really more stressed and anxious these days than people used to be? If so, why?
- How are stress and anxiety related? How are they different?
- When do stress and anxiety become cause for concern?
- Can we really “manage” stress? What are some things people turn to in their attempts to “manage” stress that don’t work well, in your opinion.
- How can people set better boundaries?
- What are some of the most common misconceptions about anxiety? About stress?
- Where does anxiety come from? Does it run in families?
- What are some of your favorite practical strategies for managing anxiety?
- As a parent, how can you best support an anxious child?
- What is the best thing we can do when we feel overwhelmed?
- Can journaling be a powerful coping strategy? Why?
- What are some tools for coping with uncertainty?
- What is your book about?
LINKS [SOME MAY BE AFFILIATE LINKS; PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO]:
- Visit Dr. Bacow’s website, connect with her on Instagram, and buy her book Goodbye, Anxiety: A Guided Journal for Overcoming Worry
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)” – and save money on your first Thrive Market order by clicking here!
- Click here when you’re ready to lose 5-50 pounds permanently
- Follow The Health Investment Podcast on Instagram
- Follow host Brooke Simonson on Instagram
- Email Brooke: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shout out to Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)