The Postpartum Period: Preparation, Anxiety, Depression & Resilience | Peg Sadie
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | Help! I've never subscribed to a podcast before!!
EPISODE 156 – Peg Sadie—a trained psychotherapist & resilience coach (BA PSY + MA Professional Counseling PSY), wife of 19 years, and boy mom x 2—founded Resilient Mom Academy to realize her vision and bridge the gap between therapy and thriving for struggling moms. She has been featured in over 50 media outlets, including Instyle, Parents, and Women’s Health. Her own experience with postpartum depression/anxiety and overwhelm as a new mom ignited her passion to support other women in their motherhood journey. In the episode, Peg shares her own experience with postpartum anxiety and depression, what moms can do before giving birth to prepare for the postpartum period, how to incorporate self-care practices into your life without adding other things to your TO DO list…and more!
EPISODE WEBPAGE: thehealthinvestment.com/156
P.S. – If you’re liking The Health Investment Podcast, be sure to hit “subscribe/follow” so that you never miss an episode 🙂
QUESTIONS I ASK PEG IN THE EPISODE:
- Can you start off by telling us a bit about your background? (Specifically, what led you to want to “reshape the legacy of maternal mental health”?)
- How is the US different from other parts of the world in the way that new moms are supported postpartum?
- What are some of the challenges most moms expect and prepare for postpartum? What are some of the biggest unexpected challenges new mothers have to face in those first months?
- I’ve read and heard from friends that many relationships struggle after the baby arrives. What can couples do?
- What are the common struggles people share with you about the early days of breastfeeding?
- How common is postpartum depression? What are some of the signs and symptoms? What can moms do to feel like themselves again after postpartum depression or anxiety?
- If you could give a woman struggling with her postpartum experience one piece of advice, what would it be?
- How can moms take care of themselves on a daily basis without making it feel like “another thing they have to do”?
LINKS [SOME MAY BE AFFILIATE LINKS; PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO]:
- Visit Peg’s website, connect with her on Instagram, and get the “Resilient Mom Starter Kit”
- Listen to my previous interviews with postpartum experts Kallista Andersen and Dr. Megan Gray
- “My Unbiased Thrive Market Review (AND A Shopping List!)” – and save money on your first Thrive Market order by clicking here!
- Click here when you’re ready to lose 5-50 pounds permanently
- Follow The Health Investment Podcast on Instagram
- Follow host Brooke Simonson on Instagram
- Email Brooke: email@example.com
- Shout out to Christian Juarez for the theme music! (Click here to visit his Soundcloud!!)